Selling With FCG
People always ask us: “You have such beautiful things, where do you get it?”
The answer is: FROM YOU! Our business would not function without the unique, high quality, and well-maintained merchandise that we get from you, our valued consignors. Just because a piece doesn’t work in your home, doesn’t mean that someone else won’t be thrilled with it!
Check out this short video series, which goes over each step of our consignment process!
Common Brands & Styles We Consign
- Crate & Barrel
- Edward Farrell
- Eldred Wheeler
- Ethan Allen
- Herman Miller
- Jonathan Richards
- Ligne Roset
- Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams
- Pottery Barn
- Ralph Lauren
- Restoration Hardware
- Roche Bobois
- Serena & Lily
- Theodore Alexander
- West Elm
Please Note: We do not consign large TV/Entertainment Armoires
ABOUT OUR CONSIGNMENT PROCESS
Click on each drop down menu to reveal the next step in the process.
Why consign with us?
Our website ranks in the top spot in multiple furniture consignment categories on all the major search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing. Our top organic ranking gives your furniture great exposure to potential buyers all over the country.
We pride ourselves as being a safe alternative to online community marketplaces. We ensure no frauds, scams or in-home security risks. From pick-up to payment, we make the process easy and fun for consignors and buyers.
Complete E-Commerce Site
Your items are professionally photographed in our showroom and posted to the "New Arrivals" section of our website. Updated daily, where thousands of shoppers frequent this section of our website each day.
Items are placed and merchandised between our three showrooms. Our newest location in Burlington is located in one of the most popular retail areas in New England. Our Hanover showroom spans 15,000 sq. ft. over five floors. Our 11,000 sq. ft. Natick store is well positioned on the affluent route 9 corridor and provides prime retail selling space for upscale items. Our 12,000 sq. ft. Plymouth store is located in the fastest growing area in Massachusetts. Our four stores offer the flexibility to market your items to the best buyers. Learn more about our showrooms here!
- Minimum of a 60 day consignment period. After 60 days on the sales floor, the consignor has the option to retrieve the item, or to extend the consignment period.
- MARKDOWN SCHEDULE: After 30 days on the sales floor the price of the item will drop by 10% of the original sale price.
- FCG pays the consignor 50% of the item’s sale price for the first 60 days of the consignment period. After 60 days, the consignor share changes to 30% and FCG's commission for handling the sale becomes 70% until the item sells, is removed by the consignor or contract expiration. After (1) year from the received date, the consignment agreement expires and items may be removed from inventory by FCG without notice for the purpose donation or disposal. FCG will not provide consignors with any documentation for donations.
- Items may be removed prior to 60 days at a fee of 25% of the original sale price. Consignors may choose to remove the item from FCG after 60 days without penalty. When reclaiming items, consignors are responsible for transportation, scheduling and any related costs.
- A buyer’s premium of $4.99 is added to the ticketed sale price for items priced under $45.00. For items priced over $45.00, a buyer’s premium of $9.99 is added to the ticketed sale price.
- Commission checks are issued on the 20th of each month for the prior calendar month’s sales. Unclaimed checks shall be mailed at the end of each month.
- There is a $5.00 website listing fee that is deducted from account proceeds for each item once the item is photographed and added to the website.
- Consignor agrees to allow FCG to act as its selling agent. FCG has the exclusive right to negotiate with buyers and to conduct impromptu sale events, notwithstanding the scheduled price adjustments.
CONSIGN WITH US TODAY
Our business would not function without the unique, high quality and well maintained merchandise that we get from you, our valued consignors. Just because a piece doesn’t work in your home, doesn’t mean that someone else won’t be thrilled with it!